Whether you are celebrating a milestone for your marriage, your company or organization, or honoring your employees’ or volunteers’ long-time loyalty, The Heritage is an exquisite place to gather for anniversaries.
We’re here to help you with the planning
Choosing where to hold your anniversary celebration is one of your biggest decisions. You’ll find that The Heritage offers the ambience and date choices to make it a truly special occasion. We’ll help make your planning responsibilities as stress-free as possible. Just give our executive director a call at (269) 983-1191 or let us know your needs by contacting us online. We’ll get together to talk about your plans and find a date and time that works with your celebration.
Will it be an intimate or gala event?
One of the first things we’ll ask is how many people you expect to join your celebration. We have the gathering spaces to accommodate your needs year round. The Heritage is also barrier free so all of your guests can enjoy your festivities.
- For small parties, join us in the Parlor –This is a charming room for intimate gatherings of up to 35 guests. Its vintage décor includes a fireplace, chandeliers, and antique furnishings.
- For larger gatherings, celebrate in Shepard Hall – You’ll catch your breath when you step into this beautifully appointed and airy room. The scenic windows, graceful columns, chandeliers and picturesque second-floor balcony distinguish it from so many other halls that leave you feeling boxed in. With ample seating and dancing space for 200 guests, you can decorate as simply or as elegantly as you wish. There’s even a grand piano for you to bring in professional entertainment.
How do you wish to entertain your guests?
The next thing we’ll ask is how we can help make your anniversary celebration more memorable and enjoyable for your guests. Some ways we can help include:
- Photographs in the Founders Garden – There are many wonderful indoor settings at The Heritage for your photographer to take pictures of your guests, but one of our favorite backdrops during the warm-weather months is this lovely, landscaped outdoor setting. It’s also a favorite place for guests to dance under the stars.
- Explore our Museum Exhibit Halls – You and your guests will have special access to the exhibits that celebrate our area’s multi-faceted past. They offer a nice interlude from your festivities and a chance to share stories.
- Appetizers to Desserts – Buffet to Sit-Down Meals – Your licensed caterer will enjoy working from our professional catering kitchen.
- Connect with Distant Guests through Our Wireless Internet – Do you have friends or family that can’t come to the anniversary celebration? Our building-wide Internet will allow you to connect with them via video conferencing or social media sites.
- Staff Ready to Assist with the Details – We’ll have staff available throughout your event to answer your questions, guide your guests and help make your celebration go as smoothly and delightfully as you had hoped.
Will your guests be traveling from out of town?
Whether your guests are from the area or traveling in from out of town, The Heritage Museum and Cultural Center is easily accessible from I-94 and I-196. Once your guests arrive, there is plenty of nearby free parking. For those who prefer to travel by train, the Amtrak station, with daily service from Grand Rapids and Chicago, is just blocks away. And there are several lodging choices for your overnight guests that are close by, too.
For a printer-friendly map and directions to The Heritage Museum, click here. Or enter 42.106554,-86.482604 into your GPS.
We look forward to celebrating your history with you soon.