Whether you are looking for a destination wedding location along the shores of Lake Michigan or a reception hall near family and friends living in Southwestern Michigan, the Heritage Museum is a lovely place to begin your future together.
A romantic setting for your large gala or intimate gathering
The Heritage Museum is an architectural gem in this lakeside community. Located along St. Joseph’s tree-lined Main Street, it beautifully blends this city’s Victorian past with today’s bright and airy design. The result is a simple elegance that welcomes your favorite colors and allows you to create the ambiance you want for your guests.
You may choose from two rooms:
- Shepard Hall – Beautifully appointed and spacious, this room offers ample seating and dancing space for up to 200 guests. Features include a hardwood floor, chandeliers and picturesque second-floor balcony. The grand piano, scenic windows, and graceful columns contribute to the hall’s elegance.
- Parlor – This is a charming place to hold a private rehearsal meal or intimate reception for up to 35 guests. Its vintage décor includes a fireplace, chandeliers, and antique furnishings.
Make this day uniquely your own
The Heritage Museum offers the following:
- Founders Garden – Beautifully landscaped, this natural setting offers a lovely backdrop for outdoor photographs or a place to dance under the stars. To mark your day in a special way, ask us to engrave a commemorative brick for the garden path.
- Museum Exhibit Halls – You and your guests will have special access to the exhibits that celebrate our area’s multi-faceted past in The Heritage Museum and Cultural Center.
- Professional Catering Kitchen – We welcome you to make your own selection of a licensed caterer.
- Wireless Internet – available throughout the building
- Superior Customer Service and Attention to Details – Just let us know how we can best help you.
Your guests will easily find the Heritage Museum
The Heritage Museum is easily accessible from I-94 and I-196. Once your guests arrive, there is plenty of free parking near our barrier-free facility. For guests who prefer to travel by train, the Amtrak station, with daily service from Grand Rapids and Chicago, is just blocks away.
For a printer-friendly map and directions to The Heritage Museum, click here. Or enter 42.106554,-86.482604 into your GPS.
There are so many ways to enjoy your stay in Michigan’s most
The Detroit Free Press named St. Joseph Michigan’s most romantic city. You will quickly see why. Our sandy beaches, historic lighthouses, sun-dappled Lake Michigan waves and breathtaking sunsets offer lovers special moments together in all four seasons. As your wedding destination, St. Joseph offers several lovely churches, a synagogue or the Shadowland Pavilion on Lake Michigan to hold your ceremony. The community also warmly welcomes you and your guests to enjoy the hospitality of our inns, cottages and hotels and an eclectic selection of restaurants and shops in our vibrant downtown.
You will find St. Joseph offers so much more than many cities its size. Treat your wedding party and guests to a ride on the new, hand-carved carousel, splash in the interactive fountain, play volleyball on the beach, challenge each other to a round on the nearby Jack Nicklaus Signature Golf Course, explore the art galleries that dot the lakeshore, charter a fishing excursion or tour the wineries scattered through our hills. The staff at The Heritage can help suggest ideas or you can request a customized visitor packet from the Southwestern Michigan Tourist Council.
Take the first step toward a stress-free wedding reception in
Contact our events director to talk about your dreams for a wedding celebration near Lake Michigan. We would be honored to help you make them come true at the Heritage Museum in St. Joseph. Please send us your requests today.