The Heritage Museum is also an ideal gathering place for reuniting family or friends. Whether you’re bringing together multi-generations of your family, classmates from your high school, friends from your college sorority or fraternity or retired coworkers, you’ll find the right space for catching up and sharing memories.
Rain or shine gathering
No need to worry about the weather or what season to plan your event. Our year-round, barrier-free facility opens a calendar of choices to plan your get together.
Host your reunion in:
- Shepard Hall – Beautifully appointed and spacious, this room offers ample seating and dancing/entertainment space for up to 200 guests. The picturesque second-floor balcony and scenic windows and graceful columns contribute to the hall’s elegance. A grand piano is available for paid performances.
- Parlor – This is a charming place to hold an intimate reunion for up to 35 guests. Its vintage décor includes a fireplace, chandeliers, and antique furnishings.
Entertain your guests with our:
- Founders Garden – Beautifully landscaped, this natural setting offers a lovely backdrop for outdoor photographs or a place to dance under the stars.
- Museum Exhibit Halls – You and your guests will have special access to the exhibits that celebrate our area’s multi-faceted past.
- Professional Catering Kitchen – You choose a local or an out-of-town licensed caterer to create the menu you want.
- Wireless Internet – Do you have friends or family that can’t come to the reunion? Our building-wide Internet will allow you to connect via video conferencing.
- Superior Customer Service and Attention to Details – Please let us know how we can best help you before or during your get together.
Your guests will easily find The Heritage
The Heritage Museum and Cultural Center is easily accessible from I-94 and I-196. Once your guests arrive, there is plenty of nearby free parking. For guests who prefer to travel by train, the Amtrak station, with daily service from Grand Rapids and Chicago, is just blocks away.
For a printer-friendly map and directions to The Heritage Museum, click here. Or enter 42.106554,-86.482604 into your GPS.
Let’s get your reunion underway
Our executive director will work with you to find a date and time that works for your reunion. We’ll assist you in creating a memorable day near Lake Michigan. To get started, contact us today.