While the wedding takes center stage, the rehearsal dinner is a key time to bring families and closest friends together before the whirl of events the next day. You want to find the right venue that offers both the privacy you want, yet adapts to your hospitality style. The Heritage does so with ease.
Let us know your date
As soon as you have the wedding date, please get in touch with our executive director by contacting us online or calling (269) 983-1191. We’ll schedule your rehearsal dinner (we can accommodate breakfast or lunch, too) so you can focus on the wedding practice and arrive with everything ready for your guests.
We have just the room for you
Whether you will be hosting a small number of guests or a large group, we will make you comfortable in either:
- The Parlor –This is a charming room for intimate gatherings of up to 35 guests. Its vintage décor includes a fireplace, chandeliers, and antique furnishings.
- Shepard Hall – Step into this beautifully appointed and airy room and you’ll catch your breath. The scenic windows, graceful columns and second-floor balcony distinguish it from so many other halls that leave you feeling boxed in. With ample seating for 200 guests, you can decorate this space as simply or as elegantly as you wish. There’s a grand piano and dancing area to add to your entertainment options. Our facilities are barrier free so all of your guests can enjoy being with you.
Special amenities for your guests
Many other venues in the area restrict their offerings to dinner. At The Heritage you can create a memorable experience for your guests:
- Photographs in the Founders Garden – There are many wonderful indoor settings at The Heritage for taking photos of your guests, but one of our favorite backdrops in the warm-weather months is this lovely, landscaped outdoor setting.
- Museum Exhibits – You and your guests will have special access to the galleries housing exhibits that celebrate our area’s multi-faceted past. All ages will find them a nice interlude from the wedding excitement and easy conversation starters between families and friends.
- Buffet to Sit-Down Meals – Your licensed caterer will enjoy working from our professional catering kitchen.
- Wireless Internet – Our building-wide Internet will allow you to share moments with friends and family through video conferencing or social media posts or get quick answers to last minute detail questions from websites.
- Staff Ready to Assist with the Details – We’ll have staff available throughout your rehearsal dinner to answer your questions, guide your guests and help you make your celebration a wonderful prelude to the wedding.
We’re easy to find
The Heritage Museum and Cultural Center is easily accessible from I-94 and I-196. We are within minutes of area worship places, lodgings and other wedding venues so you can arrive soon after the rehearsal finishes. Once your guests arrive, there is plenty of nearby free parking.
For a printer-friendly map and directions to The Heritage Museum, click here. Or enter 42.106554,-86.482604 into your GPS.
Looking forward to being part of your families’ happy time together.